This application was actually a little more complicated than we anticipated. The client required us to calculate the users top friends based on several different variables, such as: most mutual friends, most mutual page likes, most mutual tagged photos, most posts on wall, most likes on my posts, etc. Most of this information is not directly available via the API so we had to write complicated algorithms to determine the information, while maintaining a quick load speed.
What did this project entail?
- Canvas application core & structure
- Fan Page like gateway
- Retrieving most mutual friends via Facebook Query Language (FQL)
- Retrieving most posts & likes via Feed API
- Retrieving most photos tagged via Photos API
- Calculating & determining top mutual page likes with a combination of the Likes API and Facebook Query Language (FQL)
- Image generation using GD, then publishing to users wall via Photos API